You never know when it’s going to happen. You could be cruising down the road one moment and then pulled over on the side of the road with lights flashing behind you the next. Oh yes, the dreaded speeding ticket. Not a pleasant situation by any stretch.
All of us hate getting a ticket, but, did you know there are some things you can legitimately do to beat it? Especially if you’re an MCA member. Try these steps next time to get your citation dismissed or reduced.
- Always be polite and cooperate with the officer. Being gracious and courteous may just get you off with a warning. That’s gotta be step one.
- Keep a low profile. If the officer sees you as unlikely candidate to fight the ticket in court, he may not write down good or accurate notes. That will play in your favor once you go to court.
- Write every detail down once the officer has left the scene. The more details you have the better your defense. Write down weather, road conditions, time of day, any detail you can think of, especially any extenuating circumstances.
- Call MCA or go to your MCA app and report the incident. As a MCA member, you can receive up to $200 reimbursement for covered moving violations that will go to help you fight the ticket in court.
- With MCA’s legal reimbursement benefit, you’ll have the confidence you need to either cut a deal with the prosecutor or plan a defense based on your extenuating circumstances. A lot of times there may be discrepancies in the paperwork or the officer may not even show up. In which case, your case will be thrown out…that’s good news for you.
In the end, it comes down to weighing the cost effectiveness of going to court and fighting your speeding ticket. The good news is…if you do decide to fight it, you’ll know you have MCA by your side to help you with court costs and attorney’s fees.
Just plan your strategy now, and know you can trust MCA when you need them most. Now, that’s peace of mind you can count on!